A28EP is designed for Metro Ethernet access portfolio, which provides cost-effective solutions for campus, enterprise, and residental access scenarios.
The product has 24x10/100 Base-TX auto-sensing PoE client interfaces and 4xSFP combo GE network interfaces, which enablles flexible network deployments such as dual ring or ring + chain. The A28EP also offers rich functionality that guarantees MEF-compliant E-Line, E-Tree and E-LAN services together with full suite of management and protection mechanisms for FTTX triple-play applications. Port Backup (Flex Links) feature serves as an alternative to STP - a pair of layer 2 interfaces has one interface configured as backup to other, and if the primary link fails, the backup link takes over traffic forwarding. A28EP is equipped with advanced microchips that ensure carrier- class stability and reliability.
The Orion Networks© A28EP Metro-Ethernet Access Switch supports a number of key features:
- Network Security - Upgraded security with port-isolation, advanced ACL, broadcast/multicast/DLF storm control, unique port loopback detection, and DHCP Client/Snooping/Option 82 functionality, IGMP RADIUS Authentication
- PoE - 24 PoE ports, up to 30W, IEEE802.3af, RFC3621, auto/manual electricity management. Summary POE budget - 370W.
- Resiliency & Protection - Supports ITU-T G.8031 linear and ITU-T G.8032 ring protection; Supports STP/RSTP/MSTP, IEEE 802.3ad Link Aggregation, and Port Backup (Flex Links) as an alternative to STP functionality with ability to backup links and balance traffic between primary and backup links
- Carrier Ethernet Service & Management - Supports IEEE 802.3ah Link OAM, IEEE 802.1ag end-to-end connectivity OAM and ITU-T Y.1731 end-to- end service and performance; Advanced QoS technology allows stream- marking based on CoS, DSCP and port priority; Scheduling modes including SP, WRR, SP+WRR; Support flow-based mirroring/rate-limit/redirection/VLAN swapping and rewriting
- Multicast Functionality - Supports IGMP snooping/proxy, multicast filtering, multicast VLAN registration (MVR) to save bandwidth and optimize corresponding services such as IPTV
Switching fabric: 12.8Gbps
1.5MB switch buffer
1K IGMP groups
8K MAC Addresses
Power Supply (flashing)
FE/GE port: LINK/ACT
Management port: 1 console (RJ45)
Client interfaces: 24 x 10/100 Base-TX RJ45 port, Port POE
Network interfaces: 4 x COMBO (4 x 100/1000Base-X SFP; 4 x 10/100/1000Base-T RJ45)
AC: 100~240V, 47~63Hz
POE Power: up to 370W
Operating temp: 0~50 °C (32~122 °F)
Storage temp: -25~70 °C (-13~158 °F)
Humidity: 10~90% non condensing
|Dimensions||440(L) x 320(W) x 43.6(H) mm|
Full list of specifications and software features you can see in detailed datasheet