A26 is low-cost entry-level L2 Fast Ethernet intelligent access switch designed for Metro Ethernet access portfolio, which provides cost-effective solutions for campus, enterprise, and residental access scenarios. It supports comprehensive QoS, classified bandwidth control, which fullfill the network requirements for access layer of education, government and large/medium enterprise network.
The product has 24x10/100Base-TX auto-sensing client interfaces and 2xSFP combo GE network interfaces, which enablles flexible network deployments such as dual ring or ring + chain.
The product is designed for IPv4 and IPv6 dual stack network. With the abundant IPv6 features, the product can still work for next generation network.
The Orion Networks© A26 Metro-Ethernet Access Switch supports a number of key features:
- High adaptability VLAN Features - A26 switch supports 802.1q and port-based VLAN. With GVRP supported, A26 switch could transmit VLAN attributes to the whole layer 2 network, so the same VLAN of two unadjacent switches can communicate mutually through GVRP protocol instead of configuring each intermediate switch manually for achieving the purpose of simplifying VLAN Configuration.
- High Reliability - A26 switch support VCT(Virtual Cable Tester), help to locate the error places in the link, make it fast to solve relative problems for network management. A26 switch support STP, RSTP, MSTP based on 802.1D, 802.1W, 802.1S, to avoid loop link and configure abundant backup link in network. 802.3ad port aggregation supported, to add link bandwidth and abundant connection between equipments.
- Enhanced Security - IEEE 802.1X port-based access control ensures all users are authorized before being granted access to the network. User authentication is carried out using any standard-based RADIUS server. Access Control Lists (ACLs) can be used to restrict access to sensitive network resources by denying packets and forward by different policies. A26 switch support DHCP snooping, which prevents DHCP attacks and illegal DHCP SERVER by setting trust ports and untrust ports. With DHCP Snooping binding enabled, it can combine modules like dot1x and ARP, or implement user-access- control independently. A26 product support much more L2 security features such as ARP guard, Anti-ARP scanning, and other ARP and MAC security technology to protect network security and reliability.
- Comprehensive QoS - A26 switch differentiates and classifies traffic flows according to ports, 802.1p, ToS, DSCP. The dispatcher WRR/SP/SWRR supported by A26 ensures voice/data/video are properly classified and prioritized throughout the network.
- Monitor and management - A26 supports Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP), in-band and out-of-band. Supports Command Line Interface(CLI) and WEB, supports Security IP function to prevent illegal users log in or change the configuration. As an important feature, OAM can help the user to monitor and manage the network across different protocols and equipments. A26 support 1:1 or N:1 port mirroring, monitor and manage the data flow of network, help locate the problem when breakdown happens. A26 supports Secure Shell(SSH), which will ensure the security of switch management and configuration. This series of switch can be managed by general network management platform with 3rd management software.
- Abundant IPv6 Support - A26 switch supports IPv6 in hardware for maximum performance. As more network devices growing and the need for larger addressing and higher security become critical, an A26 switch will be a right product to meet the requirement. A26 passed IPv6 form Phase II certificate is the best proof of the application.
|Performance||Switching fabric: 8.8Gbps|
1.5MB switch buffer
1K IGMP groups
8K MAC Addresses
FE/GE port: LINK/ACT
Management port: 1 console (RJ45)
Client interfaces: 24 x 10/100 Base-TX RJ45 port
Network interfaces: 2 x COMBO (2 x 100/1000Base-X SFP; 2 x 10/100/1000Base-T RJ45)
AC: 100~240V, 50~60Hz
Full load: ≤20.0W
Operating temp: 0~50 °C (32~122 °F)
Storage temp: -25~70 °C (-13~158 °F)
Humidity: 10~90% non condensing
|Dimensions||440(L) x 180(W) x 44(H) mm|
Full list of specifications and software features you can see in detailed datasheet